Cessna 172 Bushkit
A Cessna 172 with an upgraded engine, huge tires, strong flaps and STOL camber cuffs.
Lot's of fun with this kit !
A powerfull member of the short take-off and landing capable Skyhawk family built on a Lycoming 210HP ST, the C172 Bush Kit, the C172 Tail dragger, the C172 Amphibian.
How do I install it ?
Like all other mods :
- Have a carefull look at the compatibility list before using it.
- Remove previous version if there is one (in case some files are removed).
- Unzip the provided file below, drop the directory from the zip in your community folder.
- You can of course use your prefered mod manager to install / activate / deactivate this mod/
Download link and changelog
This is a plane patch over Asobo’s Skyhawk and adds a new plane to your hangar (located at the begining : letter C… like Cessna)
You will find two variants to download :
- baglu-c172-bush-g1000.zip : to be used with any version of MSFS2020
- baglu-c172-bush-classic.zip : only if you have the Classic 172 from premium version
Note with the classic model : some features may not work (the xml files from the original plane are encrypted).
Current known issues :
- fuel selector locked on left side (if you have the bug on the Asobo classic 172 you wil have it here too)
3D model modifications
Model modifications of the original Asobo Skyhawk plane included :
- large and stable bush wheels
- Sportsman STOL Camber Cuffs on the wings
- Increased flaps angle
Flight model modifications
- more power from a STC 210HP 4 cylinders engine
- 4 position flaps (0°, 10°, 20° and down to 40°)
- enhanced brakes
Several liveries are included with this plane :
- Default livery is a fictional one
- Burgondy is inspired by this plane : 172 Taildragger
- Green & gold thanks to ANN0V
- All dirty liveries have been made by ANN0V
Notes to livery makers :
- Registration numbers are split in two in panel.cfg : you will be able to set different colors for the wing and the side reg.
- Common parts of the plane have the exact same name as the C172 AS1000 model
- New parts have there textures in bush_172_* files (wheels, landing gear…)
- Stickers are baked in the model, if you want to replace with yours, edit the file : BUSH172_STICKERS_ALBD.PNG You can also remove the stickers with a transparent texture file.
- The front of the wings are the sportsman camber cuff, defined in BUSH172_SPORTSMAN_* files.
EzRyder has made a very nice ALLInOne C172 Template. Don’t miss that paint kit.
Also, don’t miss the blender multi template pack from AIRPAC1
Flight model is based on reaperS73 work on the C172 STC 210HP STOL G1000 and allows to operate in a STOL mode in bush locations.
About this work
This mod respects the Game Content Usage Rules from Microsoft.
3D model has been made with blender from the export of Skyhawk G1000 Asobo’s original model.
All the external textures and animations had to be redone and match the original definitions.
A huge thanks to Jonk’s developpement series that helped a LOT.
Many thanks to EzRyder who figured it out how to use the classic cockpit, MikeFear303 for the classic cockpit xml & systems trick !