Cessna 152 Neofly Banner Tow
A Cessna 152 modified to tow a banner
Included in Neofly with special banner tow missions, with special truck, banner on ground, hooks operation
Can be used without Neofly (without ground objects)
It is now time to give the world a bit of advertisement !
How do I install it ?
Like all other mods :
- Have a carefull look at the compatibility list before using it.
- Remove previous version if there is one (in case some files are removed).
- Unzip the provided file below, drop the directory from the zip in your community folder.
- You can of course use your prefered mod manager to install / activate / deactivate this mod/
Download link and changelog
Here is a plane mod over Asobo’s c152 that adds a new plane to your hangar.
- The plane is an unmodified Cessna 152 : you can use your prefered procedures of operations
- The banner can be manually deployed using the water-rudder shortcut : CTRL+W if unmodified. Of course, you can bind it to your hotas, button-box…
- It can be retracted using the same shortcut (animation can take a few seconds)
Even though it is not mandatory, this plane has been made for Neofly and you will find a much better experience flying it through advertisement missions :
- Choose your advertisement mission in Neofly, select the Cessna 152 banner tow both in Neofly and MSFS and start the mission
- Takeoff from your airport and wait for the dispatch message giving you the order to get back to the runway
- Find the banner location on the ground (next to the Neofly truck)
- Fly 3m above the rope and hook it up ! the banner will deploy automatically
- Follow the waypoints, and turn as much as you like between waypoints 1 and 2
- Don’t forget to “drop” the banner before landing (water-rudder shortcut : CTRL+W)
The banner can be customised through plane liveries (along with the plane itself that uses the same filenames as the Asobo c152)
See : Cessna 152 bannertow banner template
About this work
3D model has been made with blender from the export of C152 Asobo’s original model.
All the external textures and animations had to be redone and match the original definitions.
A huge thanks to jonx’s developpement series that helped a LOT.
I hope you’ll enjoy this plane and encourage you to fly it through the Neofly missions : the sound of the rope when you successfully hook the banner is a must ;)